CARPE DIEM

CARPE DIEM .... Seize the Day, You will never get this day back - be the best you, embrace your life, love your friends and family. Let the world know you are here !!!



Friday 18 March 2011

Helmar USA Design Guest Designer Submission

Hello my beautiful friends,
This is my submission for a Designer Guest Spot for Helmar that I would like to share with you ....
These are some of my Favorite Helmar products.

See the flower on the left hand side at the bottom - that is made out of crochet doilies - I have used the Helmar fabric stiffener to mould the doilies into a flower shape and then layer them together (the fabric stiffener works really well with Ribbons!)

As you know I LOVE 3ding my work and what better papers to use than Graphic 45! - This is just beautiful beautiful paper and needed to be "fussy cut" - I have used the paper - scissors - ink for the edges - Helmar Tiger Grip - Sculpting tool and 3 tubes of Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots ! That is how much it has been raised.


My second piece of work is actually a receipe holder that I have altered into a little reminder that sometimes we need to stop and take a breathe and things will fall into place.
I have used Daubers, Gesso, Glimmer Mists, paints and Treasure Golds to create the colours. The crown is from a mould and I have used Wax instead of clay as I feel it shows the details in the mould really well.
Of corse there is the little bird in the nest and some branches, florishes and beads. (all glued down with Helmar 450)
The photo is crackled with the Two Step Helmar Crackle - I LOVE this crackle - It is clear and does not need paint inbetween to make the product crack which is why you can use it on a photo or any type of image.



My third piece I adore !!! - this is a photo of my gorgeous beautiful boys and I on Mine and Anthony's wedding day! (My Dad rekons they are smiling because they have their shoes on the bed and Im not yelling at them LOL)
I have used the Dusty Attic 12x12 Frame - I have used Masking tape technique all over the edges then first painted it with Gesso and then the pink paint - Here comes the fun stage - I applied Helmar 2 step Crackle over it and used small brush strokes to get the fine cracked china look effect - I have finished it off with a white wash of paint to hightlight the cracks and the texture.
The layout I have used Bazzil, Resist paper with Glimmer mist, Dusty Attic Word and Florishes with Glimmer Glams and Glimmer Glazes, Love word tile, flowers and the bird pepple - I have used Helmar Tiger Grip to adhere my layout incorporating Liquid Scrap Dots on a few elements to make them rise from the layout.


There is also a technique I use (not shown - YET!) where i use droplets of Helmar Tiger Grip glue onto my ATC - Or Page and heat the glue until it rises and bubbles and then bursts - It makes a great technique used on chip board as well with Treasure Golds or rub-n-buffs to add texture

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend

thanks for stopping by

Jen xox


2 comments:

Natasha said...

Such gorgeous pieces Jen! I need to get me some Helmars! Love your work!
xoxo

Marcy Smith said...

nice work! :)