CARPE DIEM

CARPE DIEM .... Seize the Day, You will never get this day back - be the best you, embrace your life, love your friends and family. Let the world know you are here !!!



Monday 22 November 2010

Scrap the Boys ....

I am so sorry to my blog for neglecting you !
To say I have been busy is an understatement
I have been to Sydney for the Penrith Paper Crafts show - I have to say the SCRAPTIVATE stall was the best of the retailers by far (bias I am - I know) - I will pinch some pics from people and blog them later LOL. Three weeks before we left Mel, Michael, Natalie and I painted the store - And Natalie and Mel rearranged and culled the gondalas - It looks great!
My Nana turned 90 and we had a beautiful afternoon tea for her at my cousins house (Sam and Mandy - did a great job xox) - will be back with pics from that as well!

So what do I have pics of you may ask ????
- well because my darling friend Mistra took my lay-out home and photographed it for me AND then sent it to me, I have photos of a layout I did of my Dad and Michael (my 1st born!) - they are so simalar not only in looks but mannerisms as well - sometimes it is spooky seeing your child pull a facial expression you have seen all you life from your Dad.
This is my entry for SCRAP THE BOYS this month - Using Chipboard
(awhhh a challenge just made for me LOL hehhe)




I have used Bo Bunny papers and embellishments with of corse DUSTY ATTIC chipboard pieces, the new book plate which is just absolutley beautiful also the fleur de lis and the frame. The crown is from a mould and I have used wax instead of clay because it gives so much more detail. (however you cant heat dry any paint or anything you use on it ) To get that look on the chipboard I have coloured it with glimmer mist, then used SMOOCH in the teal, gold and white then covered the whole piece with UTEE.
I love how the utee makes it thick and glossy without being too shiny.
See you soon - I PROMISE

Luv Jen xox

3 comments:

Ebony van der Starre said...

Love what youve done with the chipboard!!! Great LO! Thanks for playing along at STB!

Colleen B. said...

This is stunning Jenny, love your finishes on your chipboard and an awsome 'boys' LO. Genes are a scary aren't they......LOL!!!

Binxcat1 said...

Fabulous stuff as ever... thanks for joining in @ STB... LOVE seeing your work.