CARPE DIEM

CARPE DIEM .... Seize the Day, You will never get this day back - be the best you, embrace your life, love your friends and family. Let the world know you are here !!!



Thursday 2 June 2011

Butterfly Box

Hello Everyone

Sorry I havent updated for a while !! - unfortunatley a very close friend of mine passed a few weeks ago - My beautiful friend Nicole only 38 - leaves behind a son (16) and daughter 18 months old and her loving husband. I do know however she is watching us !!!!

But I have also been busy creating and doing class samples for Tomorrows Memories

I would like to share this cute little gift box that I made using the NEW Collections papers, Tissue Paper and Butterflies.

To create that awesome texture on the sides of the box, first I have smeared Helmar Tiger Grip glue along the edge and then used a plastic pastry brush to score the lines....
Then using your heat gun, heat the glue so it bubbles and blisters a little as well as drying off the glue, after that I have just used irredescent gold paint to lightly go over the texture.
I have made spirals from some tissue paper by using Helmar Tiger Grip glue as well - lightly brush on some of the adhesive to the "right" side of the tissue paper and then roll it around your paint brush handle to curl it. When it is nearly dry slip it off the end of your brush and leave to completely harden - this gives the tissue paper a curl that will not unravel and stay nice and twisted.
This of corse works with all types of scrapbooking papers but the new Tissue paper from Collections is just devine ....

And last but NOT least the 3D Butterflies.........

I have cut out the NEW Collections Butterflies and inked the edges, then using an awl handle (or Pen!) I have sculptured the wings for dimension, inbetween the layers I have used Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots to add the 3D effect.....

Thanks for popping by and sharing with me

Stay Safe
Luv Jen

3 comments:

May Britt said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend ... it's always unfair when someone passes away so early ....
Incredibly cute box with butterflies ... very nice ...

ally said...

Your project and blog is just stunning! Sorry your going through some hard stuff right now.


Ally

http://www.allyrosedesigns.blogspot.com

Beck Beattie said...

I love this box Jen, so dainty. xxx