CARPE DIEM

CARPE DIEM .... Seize the Day, You will never get this day back - be the best you, embrace your life, love your friends and family. Let the world know you are here !!!



Tuesday 19 April 2011

My Mum @ 16 (awwwhhhhh...)

I adore this photo of my Mum - and I finally got her to part with it - you know, because it was just chucked in a "safe place with a lot of other photos! "

I have used the new papers from Delish Designs (from Tomorrows Memories - of corse!)

The Dusty Attic florishes and leaves have been coloured using two different inks (brown and blue) and then using my finger rubbed a tiny bit of gloss over the top ....
Those gorgeous floral sprays and white flowers are from Green Tara, and that beautiful blue flower is Prima.


See those little pearls in the floral sprays - they were standing up and catching so I used a little of Helmar
tacky glue
and in seconds they were adhered to the layout but still nice and dimensional.
Ok so that link doesnt work
Try this one HELMAR




Now if your good at Math ! - Mum was 16 in 1964 which means she was born in 1948 which means that she is only 63 this year ! - and Im 40something (hehehe) - 3 years after this photo was taken she was married and had a newborn baby !

3 comments:

Carol W. said...

Stunning! Fabulous job with your Mum's picture! TFS

Pearl Maple said...

Nice page, like all those little details and accents you have used to make it special

Michr said...

Jen..thats a BEAUTIFUL LO...our ums are the same age and my Mum went to a deb baall too. Somewhere she has a group photo..I am going to find it and see if your Mum is in the pic