CARPE DIEM

CARPE DIEM .... Seize the Day, You will never get this day back - be the best you, embrace your life, love your friends and family. Let the world know you are here !!!



Wednesday 14 July 2010

Scrap the Boys

Since I have three boys I have decided that I am going to take part in the challenges over at SCRAP THE BOYS the first challenge is up and this is my layout of Steven....
He is the one that is hardest to photograph as he always seems to disappear when the camera is around... I love him so much - but I am not allowed to tell him LOL!!!
I have to hold him down to cuddle him or bribe him for a hug - thats ok he knows my arms are always open no matter how big or how old he gets......


I have used the Dusty Attic brick pannel (DA0316) and the Barbed Wire (DA0154)
Tim Holtz papers and I have printed the sentences onto sticky back canvas.


To get the colouring on the brick wall I first used Hot Chocolate Glimmer CHALK over the whole lot, then used a brushed and brushed a fine line with Glimmer Mist Tattered Leather, finally I used Treasure Gold and a little silver rubbed in little bits over the wall.

Jen xox

6 comments:

Binxcat1 said...

oooooooooooooooo this is fabulous Jen... thanks for sharing the technique you used EVEN if it IS on DA!!! LOL ;)

AND sticky back canvas ay? I gotta get me some of that! ;)

bwahahahaha the word verification thingy I am getting is "dedne"... maybe she'll give me a dead knee if I don't be careful with what I say!!! LOL ;)

Anonymous said...

I love this layout! I love the new look of your blog too.xx

Mel Connell said...

Your Layout is awesome honey, and Im loving your new look blog! very you. xxx

Christine said...

Love the bricks and barbed wire, and canvas journalling strips - awesome!

Susan Longman said...

Wow this is a very cool boy layout ...I am soooo in love with that brick wall...too cool. thanks for playing at Scrap the Boys ...be sure to check out our second challenge which is up for the month :)

Wendy Smith said...

loving the brick wall effect.Thanks for playing at STB